Recently a friend and I collaborated and catered a 9 day yoga teacher training intensive here in Perth. It was held at the beautiful Beacon Ashram in Fremantle. We met some great people and had an absolute ball creating healthy, nourishing, plant-based meals for breakfast, lunch. dinner and of course... dessert!
Whilst creating our menu, we consulted our most favourite recipe books and food blogs to gather inspiration and ideas. Over the 9 days we had many questions from the yoga teacher trainees regarding the recipes we used and where we go to find healthy yet delicious and interesting meals.
Hence, I thought it would be great to share some of my go-to websites and recipe books!
So, in no particular order, here are some of my favourites!
- Teresa Cutter The Healthy Chef: Both plant and non-plant based meals. Some great healthy baking recipes. I particularly love her healthy carrot cake! I have substituted eggs for chia/flax eggs in her recipes and they worked out great.
- Oh She Glows: Fantastic vegan recipes which are really easy and super tasty. Lots of fun ideas!
- My New Roots: Lots of plant-based recipes. The raw-pad thai is divine!
- Quirky Cooking: Fantastic for individuals with food allergies, intolerances and gut issues. Predominantly Thermomix recipes but can be easily adapted if you don't have one.
- Wholefood Simply: Such simple recipes yet so delicious! I love the amazing collection of bliss ball recipes.
- Thug Kitchen: Vegetarian meals with humour and fun!
I hope you enjoy taking a look and getting some inspiration.
Where do you go for recipes? Do you have any favourite websites or recipe books? I would love to hear!