I love reading information presented in dot form as I don't have to read through a lot of content to get the main highlights I am after. So today, I am doing just that!
Woodstone Pantry has recently added natural gelatin powder from Nutra Organics, made from Australian, grass-fed cows. Here is all you need to know about this awesome product.
What is gelatin?
- Gelatin is a substance composed of amino acids that is derived from collagen
- Largely made up of the amino acids glycine and proline
- Comes from the bones, fibrous tissues and organs of animals
- As a society, we mainly consume muscle meats (i.e. steak, chicken breast) and tend to avoid the parts of the animal containing gelatin
- We used to consume much more of the animal for multiple purposes, for example, making stock from the bones
- Making bone broth is one way to consume gelatin. However, collagen and gelatin powders are now available, making it a convenient way to include gelatin into our diets
- Great for skin, hair and nail growth
- Protects joints and decreases joint pain
- Helps to lower inflammation
- Improves gut health and digestion
How to use it?
- Gelatin forms a gel-like substance when mixed with liquid
- Great for making home-made jellies
- Add to soups, broths or stews
- Add to smoothies
- Home made pudding recipes
- Home made marshmallows
- Gummy recipes
Have you used gelatin before? If so, how did you use it? What health benefits have you noticed?